Thursday 2 June 2016

Penny Cosplay! Intro and Swords

I always have the difficulty of trying to limit my cosplays. More recently I've been trying to focus more on the sewing aspect of it. But after binge watching RWBY over the last couple of days I've decided to work on Penny which should still stay with the sewing but also grow with my love for prop making.

Look at the adorable little bot ;)

But knowing me i wanted to add something that made her pop! And that was making 8 swords and mounting it so that they looked like they were standing in mid air. The challenge of this already sounds fun.


The swords
I've used a similar technique for making these as i did with my Scissor Blade. I drew out a template and traced it onto foam core 3 times per blade with extra layers where needed. I then grabbed a craft knife and carved away it until i was happy. Wanting to make these as light as i possibly could i opted for a different way of sealing in the gaps, that way was PVA. Which actually worked really well. I used about 3-4 layers of PVA per side. After that i painted it to how i think it looked, not wanting to draw on accuracy but on my imagination. 

I then used craft foam to add any extra details. So far I've managed to completely finish 1 and partly finish 2. Only 5 more to go!!
 That paint is also glow in the dark! So cool~




No comments:

Post a Comment