Wednesday 8 June 2016

Live Action Fairy Godmother- Bodice Part 1

I started this waaayy before i intended!! But never the less I've begun construction on her bodice.
I patterned this by myself using my Mannequin, Glad Wrap and Masking tape. Sounds like a weird combo but it works!! I promise! I added one of my bras to the mannequin, as my bewbs were bigger than what my mannequin was, and wrapped the whole thing in glad wrap, then using the masking tape to tape around it.

 

As you can probably see in the photos i only cover one side properly. Its mainly because when tracing out the pattern pieces you only need one copy.
I then traced where i want my seams and cut that out. I then placed that onto paper and added seam allowances to it and cut it out as a mock up.


I actually ended up sewing at a lower seam allowance than i had planned for but after making a rough mock up i decided that when i make my final i could sew at my 15cm seam allowance.
I haven't mocked up my sleeves but I'm hopping that will be reasonably straight forward. 

Im going to add a inbuilt corset thing into this so i had heaps of fabric left over at the back so all should be well!

I've ordered 20 meters of a blue organza and need to order a sheer fabric to go over top of that but everything is well on the way! While i wait for that i might start planning the wings out!


















No comments:

Post a Comment